Community Health Internship Program
SB&H is proud to accept new team members while you are completing your bachelor’s or masters degree! We offer a broad range of award winning programs and services that span across the Phoenix Valley and rural landscape of Northern Arizona.
At Southwest Behavioral & Health Services, you’re surrounded by a culture of caring professionals ready to support your career goals. Many of our Arizona site locations are National Health Service Corps Loan Forgiveness approved, allowing qualified professionals to receive substantial loan repayment and scholarships.
In our Bachelors & Masters internship program
you will have the opportunity to:
In our Bachelors and Masters internship program you will earn college credit while gaining valuable work experience in preparation for your career. Opportunities are available across all Phoenix Valley and Northern Arizona locations. Placements include Outpatient (children and adult services), Inpatient, Community Living, School Based, Community Outreach, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting and Information Systems.
Bachelor Degree Students
Looking for ways to gain experience before graduation? Opportunities to begin your career with us include:
- Recovery Support Specialist
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Community Behavioral Health Specialist
Masters Degree Students
If you’re pursuing your Master’s degree in a Human Services program, we want you to begin your professional experience at SB&H! Opportunities to begin your professional experience include:
- Care Coordinator
- Case Manager
- Crisis Interventionist
- Family Coach
- Engagement Specialist
- Vocational Coordinator
We’re dedicated to help our externs grow their career right here at SB&H. Of all the new team members that joined us this year, 43% of them have stemmed from our externship participants.
This is a paid training program that helps you gain experience in:
- Recovery based approach to client care
- Screening, assessment, treatment planning, and case management
- Individual and group counseling services
- Application of clinical methods and procedures
- Scheduled activities of daily living
To qualify for our externship program, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a senior or recent graduate in a behavioral health related degree program
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to helping others
- Reliable and able to commit to a consistent work schedule
- 21 years of age and 3 consecutive years with a valid driver’s license
Why Choose SB&H
No matter what type of experience you’re looking to gain throughout your education, from mentoring to weekly supervised sessions, Southwest Behavioral & Health Services wants to be by your side every step of the way. Apply to one of our programs today!
Start Your Journey with SB&H now.
If you’re ready to apply your skills to help improve the lives of others, explore our current job postings. If you don’t see an opening that suits you, submit your profile to our Talent Community for consideration of future opportunities.