Vice President - Outpatient
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are hiring a Vice President for our outpatient programs in Maricopa, Yavapai, Coconino and Gila counties.
In this position, you will direct the planning, implementation and operation of the Agency’s Outpatient Mental Health Programs, in keeping with Agency policy and established service goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning of programs and strategies for achieving outpatient clinical service goals.
- Organizes, directs and coordinates the program staff and program functions in achieving the above objectives.
- Responsible for the selection, promotion and termination of Outpatient Program Directors, although personnel actions related to promotion and termination is done in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Supervise staff, including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, if required. Provides reports, summaries and documentation as needed.
- Develops and administers Outpatient Program budgets in coordination with the Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and President/CEO to include but not limited to setting budget expenditures, transfers of money between programs, developing consistent categories of expense.
- Assists Program Directors to understand and develop budgets including proposals for expansion possibilities.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and renewal of contract/grant mechanisms that fund programs implemented.
- Maintains contract compliance in service delivery of programs supervised.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for expanding programs through grant writing and proposal writing.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Chief Quality Officer to evaluate our Peer Review process, Utilization/Quality Review and Clinical Protocols.
- Coordinates treatment activities among program units so as to ensure continuity of care for all outpatient mental health consumers.
- Participates in the Executive Team for the purpose of assisting with agency management.
- Assists with assessing and setting priorities for each program area and for joint program efforts.
- Meets regularly with each Program Director to review and assist with administrative/supervisory issues.
- Directs planning, monitoring and evaluation of program clinical practice and investigates specific clinical practice problems in collaboration with our legal counsel, Human Resources and our Quality Management department.
- Meets with representatives of various health plans and welfare agencies for public relations and problem solving of issues pertaining to programs.
- Encourages and supervises the development of outpatient care systems for Children’s/General Mental Health/Serious Mental Illness and specialty populations.
- Facilitates communication among Outpatient Program units and carries out team building activities to promote morale and middle management effectiveness.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a certified mental health professional with a Master’s degree in counseling or a related field.
- Must have had a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in clinical and program administration and management in a community mental health center or its equivalent.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Licensure in behavioral health related field is required (per program requirements).
- Experience in working with low-income populations is desirable.
- Clinical experience with children, families and adults is desirable.