Vice President of Compliance and Risk Management
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Compliance & Risk Management to join our leadership team!
In this role you will function as the senior executive for quality management, quality improvement, and compliance oversight. Ensures organization complies with all local, state, and federal regulations. Oversees and manages all functions of the Compliance and Risk Management Department and ensures effective communication and coordination with other SB&H departments. As a member of the Executive Team, contributes to the organizational and strategic planning of SB&H.
Risk Management Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides consultative leadership and technical assistance to all SBH departments, as needed, on compliance- and risk-related matters.
- Coordinates with legal counsel in response to identified compliance or risk questions, concerns or federal/state inquiries or investigations.
- Oversees risk management and loss prevention activities ensuring that systemic processes are in place to identify, investigate and mitigate risks. Ensures regular reports of incidents and related trends are provided to agency leadership.
Corporate Compliance Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and continual review of organizational policies and procedures.
- Serves as SB&H Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer.
- Coordinates development and implementation of organization policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and contract standards.
- Create a streamline process between site leadership and clinical records to ensure proper guidelines are followed by requesting individuals to reduce any delay in records requests being processed.
- Oversees UM/QM department including the oversight of all external and internal audits, completion of Practice Improvement Plans, Corrective Action Plans, and trainings that are associated with audit findings in collaboration with SBH clinical services/training department.
- Oversees the Clinical Records department to ensure records requests are being fulfilled
- Oversees Clinical Records Department to oversee the operation of releasing internal SBH records and retrieving clinical records from outside agencies. Monitors and coordinates organization readiness and compliance with national accreditation and state license requirements.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Supervise staff, including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, if required. Provides reports, summaries and documentation as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, healthcare administration or related field plus 8 years progressive experience within risk/compliance required.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk & Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) or other Compliance Certification preferred.