Transportation Team Lead
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 3 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offere low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life coverage for employees.Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are looking for a Transportation Team Lead to join our Lake Havasu City Program!
This position will encompass the duties of a transportation department Team Lead, which are listed below as well as duties assigned under the direction of the Front Office Supervisor, This position will be responsible for performing front office duties including patient care activities, front office check-in and check-out, scheduling, verifying medical insurance, and scheduling and confirming appointments. The prioritization of duties will be determined by the Program Coordinator on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the day to day scheduling of the drivers and company vehicles for clients and staff.
- Coordinates the crisis transports to hospitals out of town.
- Assists in transporting clients to appointments as needed.
- Completes the monthly reports/inspections for company vehicles and forwards to Risk Management.
- Responsible for maintaining the required maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Maintains current training requirements.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures including but not limited to Vehicle Operation Policy (SBH 1 E 11 00), Approved Driver Procedure (SBH 1 E 11 01) and Use of Agency Vehicles (SBH 1 E 11 03).
- Monitor and document safety/mechanical concerns daily and report concerns to supervisor and Risk Management.
- Confirms appointments one to two days prior for all medical, counseling, and intake appointments.
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber/PCP schedules (scheduling appointments, blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day BHMP and PCP appointments.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Completes Shells in EMR system
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by CSR Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Greets clients and check in/out of appointments.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information
- Vrifies client insurance eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D, etc.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- Assist clients with applying for AHCCCS
- May assist with processing refill request, med issues, and/or prior authorizations.
- Obtains appropriate paperwork from clients.
- Receive direction on a daily basis and works as a team with site staff, CSR Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Triage client services
- Submit prior authorizations for insurance
- May be required to provide coverage at various SBH locations as required.
- May be required to work different work shifts based on the needs of the site.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- The vehicle driver shall be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors
- 1-2 years of experience in a behavioral health background preferred.
- Requires prior clerical and/or customer service experience, preferably in a behavioral health or healthcare setting. Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements.
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona driver’s license in accordance with SBH insurance standards
- Must pass a 39 months Motor Vehicle Report
- Must be eligible and/or have valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE