Therapist Intern - Paid
Embark on a thrilling professional journey with Southwest Behavioral & Health Services! SBH is offering paid internship opportunities at designated locations for individuals who are enrolled in a Master's Degree program for Counseling or Social Work. This is your opportunity to join a prominent provider in Behavioral Health Integrated Services. Don't miss out—apply today and get started on a rewarding learning journey that will enhance your skills while making a meaningful impact on the unique needs of the communities we serve. (*Degree program must require an internship and qualify for credit hours)
Pay: $18 per hour
Hours: Flexible to meet your scheduling needs
- Co-facilitate therapy & skill groups
- Perform documentation of services
- Provide case management services
- Complete assessments & treatment plans
- Serve as an active member of your clinical team
- Participate in actives related to your education plan
- Participate in Counseling Services
- All duties performed under direct supervision
Field Placement Program Options:
- School Based Setting (K-12)
- Substance Abuse Services (Adults)
- Integrated Care Outpatient Clinics (children, adolescent, adults, and families)
- Phoenix Metropolitan Area (East, Central and West Valley)
- Northern Arizona (Flagstaff, Payson & Prescott Valley)
- Mohave County (Bullhead City, Kingman & Lake Havasu City)
Benefits, Culture & Learning Experience:
- Clinical Supervision is offered individually and in group sessions
- Field placement hours are flexible according to your availability.
- Internships are offered at all SBH sites during the spring, summer, and fall.
- SBH supports students in different grant programs.
- Trainings on case management, crisis intervention, activity planning and implementation, individual and/or group counseling services.
- Staff and volunteers reflect the culture and diversity of the communities we serve.
- Caring professionals are here to support you personally and professionally.
- Explore new areas like our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion internship opportunity.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Degree program must require an internship and qualify for credit hours.
- Be currently attending or enrolled in an approved college or university and working towards a Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work.
- Adhere to agency work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional behavior
- Student is expected to self-manage school requirements.
- Adhere to work at the direction of their SBH supervisor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Pass Background check and Drug test
- Must have/obtain Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be able to attend SBH trainings (trainings can range from 1-2 weeks)
Questions: Please email careers@SBHSERVICES.ORG with your inquiry.
Please note this internship description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for each placement. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.