Supportive Employment Specialist
Behavioral Health Technician
Supportive Employment Specialist
AZ-Phoenix - Community Resilience Center
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Supportive Employment Specialist to join our Community Resilience Center - Day Treatment Program! Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The goal of this position is to develop a comprehensive soft skills development program, which links to existing job development work programs. Works within the CRC Job Development program to implement specialized SBH pre-vocational services for clients as related to soft skills, such as communication, interview techniques, work ethics, teambuilding, resume development, computer skills, self-esteem and self-actualization. Provides instruction, training and assistance to clients to improve marketable job skills abilities and job coaching. Must possess a high degree of patience, able to work in challenging situations. Assists in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with local employers and community providers to maximize the opportunities for persons in services to enter the labor force.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to implement and maintain a pre- vocational job development. The primary focus in to find a natural "fit" between consumers' strengths and experiences and jobs in the community.
- Assist the Supervisor of the Job Development program with developing new practices and policies that improve current services and activities.
- Communicates and works in conjunction with Workforce Development staff and management to coordinate ongoing innovative soft skill training.
- Develops and teaches job development skills in individual and group formats to persons in services.
- Serves as a pre-employment job coach providing direction and the assistance needed for individuals to maintain work.
- Engages in practices that support job development and retention of program participants.
- Provides direct service to program participants to include; individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention as needed.
- Prepares and presents job readiness training and activities.
- Documents client progress and participation on all aspects of pre-employment and soft skills training.
- Understands and implements services in accordance with RBHA and AHCCCS.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment, case plans, skills assessment, programmatic goals and objectives.
- Consults with clinical staff and other community service professionals.
- Coordinate the intake process and facilitate access to the program.
- Coordinates and follows up on referrals for job development and peer work services.
- Provides problem solving and resolution related to participant issues.
- Responsible to work independently on location and supervise program participants.
- Works with local service providers, case managers and employers to link persons in services with vocational opportunities.
- Undertakes training related special projects and provides technical assistance, as directed.
- Prepares written reports as required by funding source(s) and SBH management.
- Assists in marketing the program to the community and referral agencies as needed to grow the program.
- Interact with and provide consultation and education services to community agencies as needed for program promotion.
- Insures acquisition of program supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Utilizes supervision as needed and works in conjunction with Program Supervisors.
- Engages in monitoring client’s assimilation and performance once placed in job development assignments.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or, An equivalent 5 year combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health and or job development with experience in workforce development, soft skill development.
- Motor Vehicle clearance and 3 years' driving experience is required. Must be able to drive a truck (no CDL required).
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Ability to teach and supervise persons with disabilities job skills
- Ability to both work as part of an integrated team and work independently responsibly meeting deadlines.
- Ability to document consumer progress, intervention, and treatment issues.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to type.
- Experience with seriously mentally ill adults preferred
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Knowledge of mental health/rehabilitation programs and services, rehabilitation principles and practices and vocational services practices.
- Awareness of theory, approaches and techniques of adult education.
- Knowledge of local labor market(s) and latest trends in vocational rehabilitation.
- Certification in First Aid & CPR.