Southwest Behavioral & Health Services (SB&H) is one of the largest multi-faceted providers of public Behavioral Health Integrated Services. There is an array of programs offered to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. Internship placements are for student’s whose degree program requires an internship. In order to meet the growing needs of our university partners and students, we limit our placements to internships that qualify for credit hours towards either a graduate or undergraduate degree.
SB&H accepts both on campus and Online students at all levels and specialties for field placement across diverse locations throughout the state. Internship learning experiences are offered in all programs during the spring, summer, and fall. This hands-on experience can enhance your resume so you stand out to potential employers. Our licensed professionals help develop your skills, knowledge, and experience in a multidisciplinary environment to become an effective member within your community and workplace.
Current & Future Employment Advantages:
Before, during and after internship you are able to start your career journey with Southwest Behavioral & Health Services. SB&H offers the ability to work and intern at the same time! Current employees receive additional benefit options like tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, most partnered school discount options, and much more.
- Provide crisis intervention
- Co-facilitate therapy & skill groups
- Perform documentation of services
- Provide case management services
- Complete assessments & treatment plans
- Serve as an active member of your clinical team
- Participate in actives related to your education plan
- Participate in Counseling Services (for graduate students only)
- All duties performed under direct supervision
Field Placement Program Options:
- School Based Setting (K-12)
- Substance Abuse Services (Adults)
- Licensed Inpatient Facilities (Adults)
- Community Living Residential (SMI Adults)
- Prevention Program (children, adolescent, adults, and families)
- Integrated Care Outpatient Clinics (children, adolescent, adults, and families)
- Phoenix Metropolitan Area (East, Central and West Valley)
- Northern Arizona (Flagstaff, Payson & Prescott Valley)
- Mohave County (Bullhead City, Kingman & Lake Havasu City)
- School-based Counseling
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Outpatient & Day Treatment
- Community Outreach
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Inpatient Crisis
- Substance Abuse & Opioid Clinical Services
- Community Living Residential & Housing Service
Benefits, Culture & Development:
- Field placement hours are flexible according to your availability.
- Internships are offered at all SBH sites during the spring, summer, and fall.
- SBH supports students in different grant programs.
- Trainings on case management, crisis intervention, activity planning and implementation, individual and/or group counseling services.
- Staff and volunteers reflect the culture and diversity of the communities we serve.
- Caring professionals are here to support you personally and professionally.
- Explore new areas like our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion internship opportunity.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Be currently attending or enrolled in an approved college or university.
- Adhere to agency work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional behavior
- Student is expected to self-manage school requirements.
- Adhere to work at the direction of their SBH supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (some require at least 21 years of age)
- Pass Background check and Drug test
- Must have/obtain Fingerprint Clearance Card (not paid my SBH)
- Physical and TB test may be required at some locations
- Must be able to attend SBH trainings (trainings can range from 1-2 weeks)
Questions: Please email careers@SBHSERVICES.ORG with your inquiry, area of interest and current resume.
Please note this internship description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for each placement. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: df3bb3ad-b930-47d3-9414-5bc282371ee0