Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team !
Staff Accountant assists with the General ledger, Fixed Assets, Budget, and Financial Statement preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare misc. grant billings on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Reclass miscoded items through accounts payable.
- Assists with the accounting for all company Fixed Assets.
- Assists with the overhead and other department allocation calculations.
- Completes monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts, as assigned.
- Assists with the SBH annual audit.
- Assist and provide all supporting documents for grant audits.
- Attend weekly, monthly, and annual meetings related to all grants.
- Review AP items prior to check run process.
- Assist with the training of new staff members.
- Assists with other positions in the Accounting Department, as needed.
- Assists Accounting Manager and / or Controller with additional Accounting projects, as needed.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in accounting plus two years directly related experience in accounting.
- Experience in a behavioral health or hospital setting is helpful.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE