Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finanance Team. Work hours are full time (40 hours/week) and clinic operation hours are M-F 8a-5pm.
Assists with 10 HUD corporations, the General ledger, Budget, and Financial Statement preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting activities for 10 HUD corporations including but not limited to: recording vendor invoices, deposits, & journal entries, issuing payments, reconciling inter-company & balance sheet accounts, preparing/submitting budgets, annual filings, etc.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
- Assists with the preparation of journal entries.
- Assist with preparing, submitting, and collecting payment for miscellaneous invoices relating to grants and other contracts, ensuring SBH is collecting all billed amounts and in compliance with the contracts’ billing requirements.
- Completes monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts, as assigned.
- Completes monthly reconciliation of all bank statements.
- Assists with the yearly budgets for all 10 HUD corporations.
- Assists with the annual audit for all 10 HUD corporations.
- Assists with other positions in the Accounting Department, as needed.
- Assists Accounting Manager and / or Director of Finance with additional Accounting projects, as needed.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
Education & Qualifications:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field and two years directly related experience in accounting. Experience in a behavioral health or hospital setting is helpful.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process in a large, complex organization.
- Working knowledge of non-profit and GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Great Plains accounting software and Management Report Writer experience highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, etc.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE