Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Behavioral Health Technician to join our 29th Ave residential facility! As a Sr. BHT you will be responsible to take a lead role in the overall operation of the site. Provide training to staff, serves as a role model and promotes positive communication. Assist supervisor with necessary administrative and clinical tasks. Provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to SMI consumers in a residential environment.
The 29th Avenue residential work site located near 29th Avenue and Northern serves 8 SMI consumers in an apartment setting.
Our current shift availability is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, an Associate’s degree and one year's of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling two years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required. A 39 month MVR is required for you to have at the time of your interview.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.