Sr. Behavioral Health Technician
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Sr. Behavioral Health Technician to join our Residential Program. This is a full time position, available to work Sunday-Thursday 7am-3pm.
In this position, you will be responsible to take a lead role in the overall operation of assigned site. Provide training to staff, serves as a role model, promote positive communication, and skilled in SBH policy and procedure. Assists supervisor with necessary administrative and clinical tasks. Able to field questions on common practice.
Provides screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in an inpatient environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to quality client care and effective treatment, demonstrating professional conduct in serving consumers
- Plans and organizes activities.
- Performs direct service to inpatient consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Provide assessments, crisis intervention, and treatment planning.
- Engages in solution focused, strength based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards
- Assists consumers with community integration
- Effectively utilizes verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques
- Supervises and monitors clients, checking vital signs as needed
- Provides/conducts assessments of clients in crisis and assists in setting/reaching attainable goals
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with Behavioral Health Medical Practitioner and Care Coordinators according to SBH clinical standards
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assists in training interns, volunteers, and/or new hires
- Transports consumers as appropriate
- Provides information to clients on behavioral health issues and makes appropriate referrals to SBH programs and/or other appropriate community agencies as needed
- Provides input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning
- Screens potential admission/referrals
- May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” for shift availability as needed.
- Assists supervisor with necessary administrative and clinical tasks as assigned
- Provides training and limited supervision of staff as assigned by the supervisor
- Takes responsibility for the completion of service plans and documentation
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Must maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and maintain personal auto insurance to SBH guidelines. MVR clearance required.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.