Snack Bar Operations/Vocational Trainer
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
Snack Bar Operations/Vocational Trainer
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking a Snack Bar Operations/Vocational Trainer to join our Snack Bar at Administration Building. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Assumes all responsibilities necessary to operate a small internal Employee Snack Bar/Cafe to include: Cashier duties, monitor and restock inventory, sales promotions, track and analyze data on operational indicators such as inventory issues, resolves customer complaints, scheduling, resource needs and display presentation. Works with supervisor to increase profits and examine the market. Strive to provide SBH customers the highest standard of customer service. Works also as a Vocational Trainer, providing hands on training for persons currently engaged in a supported employment program. Required to submit billing for employment training. Must work well with others and have a good attitude for teaching. Must be accountable and responsible with good attendance, computer literate, and possess a valid AZ driver's license and being eligible to drive a company vehicle.
- Works as part of a team responsible to fulfill all operational requirements to run the Café’ snack bar
- Works as a training mentor for persons in supported employment programs
- Works the Cash Register and Credit Card processing machine
- Completes and tracks all financial transactions; reports daily outcomes to supervisor
- Monitors and re-stocks inventory. Utilize SBH credit (Fry’s and Costco) cards to purchase inventory, accomplish account authorization documentation as required.
- May be required to do purchasing and pick up inventory as needed in the community
- Gives input on initiatives to improve sales
- Participates in marketing
- Sets up and maintains displays
- Provides positive and friendly customer service
- Completes monthly inventory reports
- Resolves customer service issues
- Possess the skill and patience needed to teach skills to others
- Documents and bills services provided according to SBH standards of documentation
- Works with supervisor and supported employment services to improve the program and outcomes
- Utilize HMS to bill productivity of clients, and document progress notes
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
- HS/GED or associate degree in Behavioral Health plus 6 weeks of related experience. Peer qualified preferred with current peer certification. Retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Food Handler Card
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license and pass 39-month MVR clearance.
- Good attendance with flexible schedule.
- Able to teach skills to others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to train and mentor others
- Cash register experience
- Computer literature, knowledge of basic MS Word and Excel
Job Reference #: 4046