Senior Direct Care Provider - Inpatient
Join Southwest Behavioral Health Services – The Leading Behavioral Health System in Arizona. With over 40 years serving our patients all over Arizona, we strive each day to inspire people to feel better and lead fuller lives. Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is one of Arizona’s fastest growing organizations, and we’re looking to fill Senior Behavioral Health Technician positions with a hard working and motivated individual.
We are currently looking for a Senior Direct Care Provider to join our Inpatient Program! The Recovery Transition Program provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis.
Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. As a Sr. DCP,
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to quality client care and effective treatment, demonstrating professional conduct in serving consumers
- Responsible to assist with supervising staff and coordinate all related clinical and administrative programing
- Plans and organizes activities.
- Performs direct service to inpatient consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Provide assessments, crisis intervention, and treatment planning.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Engages in solution focused, strength based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards
- Assist in coordination of scheduling and staff work assignments on a daily basis
- Effectively utilizes verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques
- Supervises and monitors clients while in the crisis unit, checking vital signs as needed
- Provides/conducts assessments of clients in crisis and assists in setting/reaching attainable goals
- Takes responsibility to act as the primary clinician for all consumers in the unit
- Takes responsibility for the completion of service plans and documentation
- Responsible for daily one on one with consumer caseload.
- Serves as a role model and strives to be competent in SBH policy and procedure
- Charting utilizing the DAP format.
- Possess the ability to oversee the program in the absence of the Program Coordinator.
- Responsible to assist in holding staff accountable to meet the objectives set by all supervisors.
- Assist in the training and development of staff skills and abilities, work to create highly effective teams, uses a trans-disciplinary approach as to produce an effective outcome.
- Works to proactively reduce crisis and high cost service utilization through proactive interventions.
- Assist with managing the programs budget, manpower utilization, overtime and cost in general.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with Behavioral Health Medical Practitioner and Care Coordinators according to SBH clinical standards
- May be required to keep accurate account of weekly activity sheets and/or monthly logs
- Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities, audits, and/or reviews
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health