Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, analytical and efficient Senior Accountant who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, analytical and efficient? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Being savvy and using a high level of financial acumen, this is a rewarding position. You are invited to go above and beyond and contribute to our robust, fast pace organization. The position will assist with the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation. Applies knowledge of accounting and finance functions as well as general business practices to ensure the safeguarding of company assets and resources. Tasked with a varied of initiatives, no two days are the same; you will directly work with a strong goal driven team.
- Assist with the monthly closing, including preparation of journal entries, revenue calculations for the payer contracts and expense accruals, including year-end closing process.
- Complete select monthly general ledger account reconciliations and account analyses.
- Assist in the collection, reporting and analysis of financial data including actual to budget variance analysis.
- Conduct comparative analysis on organizational revenue and expenses on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy of the monthly financial statements.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed and are in compliance with GAAP principles.
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting systems processes, policies, and procedures, identifying non-value-added processes and seeking solutions.
- Assist in the development of the annual organizational budget.
- Participate in periodic audits to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Prepare financial reports, scorecards, charts, tables and other exhibits, as requested.
- Assist in special projects and perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- An equivalent combination of education/ experience totaling 10 plus years is acceptable.
- Accounting healthcare experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Advanced Excel, Access skills, and PowerPoint
- Sage Intacct experience or another ERP
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP