School-Based Therapist- $3,500 Sign-On Incentive
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated and inspiring School-Based Therapists to join our well-established voice in the community, serving more than 115 sites over the past 40 years. We would love to partner with you in fulfilling our mission: “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.” We value our staff, and have great opportunities for learning and career advancement for those with their Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work. If you like to compassionately help the unique needs of the communities you serve, this job is for you!
Job Preview at a Glance:
The School-Based Therapist is an exciting position where no one day is the same! This staff member delivers solution-focused and strength-based services to a caseload of youth, kindergarten to 12th grade. Therapists have office space within the school setting, and also provide in-home services to the family unit. After hired, School-Based Therapists spend their first two weeks in a supportive training environment, then transition to shadowing peers in the field. Therapists provides supportive services include: intakes, assessments, treatment planning, individual counseling, and psychosocial group interventions.
Location and Schedule:
Positions are available throughout the Maricopa County. School-Based Therapists provide services Monday through Friday, during school hours. Staff accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO during their first year of employment, and receive 10 paid holidays. After 30 days of their employment, Therapists will be eligible for a $2,500 sign-on incentive. After 6 months of their employment, the new employee will be eligible for an additional $1,000 retention incentive.
School-Based Therapists report to a Licensed Clinical Program Director and Coordinator, and also have expert Leads for additional mentorship. Staff receive free 1:1 clinical supervision, and are a part of a supportive interdisciplinary team which meets bi-weekly. Therapists are invited to an array of on-going, in-house education opportunities regarding cultural competency and modality building skills. Additionally, staff can receive tuition and certification reimbursement.
- Provides therapy and clinical case management for full caseload of students and/or families.
- Develops and maintains intakes, assessments, and treatment plans.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation in accordance to SB&H clinical standards.
- Collaborate with school administrators, social worker, and teaching personnel to meet the needs of individual clients and school programs.
- Coordinate community resources alongside clinical staff and other human service professionals.
- Leads psychosocial education groups and implements other effective prevention programs that reduce risk factors for students.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work)
- 1 year of full-time behavioral health experience preferred
- Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. Additionally, we want to will help staff save for retirement, we offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment. We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE