School Based Therapist - Glendale/Peoria
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are proud to offer:
- $2,500 Sign-On Incentive after 30 days of employment!
- $1,000 Retention Incentive after 6 months of employment!
We are seeking a strong Therapist to work in our School & Community-based Counseling Services program! This position will be working in Peoria and Glendale area.
In this position you will provide counseling services and community referrals for children and families. Provide assessment and interventions for youth and adolescent mental health issues. Provide school-based individual and group counseling services for children and families with an emphasis on brief solution-focused therapy. Coordinate community resources as an integral part of the mental health prevention and treatment planning process for youth and families. Refer children and families to community-based organization for sustained mental health or psychiatric services. Assist in the data collection and documentation process for the program evaluation. Work with school administrators, social worker, and teaching personnel to meet the needs of individual clients and school programs. Implement other identified effective prevention programs and strategies that reduce risk factors and increase protective factors for the targeted population. Maintains required number of client contact hours per week. Must maintain the expected level of productivity.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) plus one (1) year of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Licensed or license eligible with AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Required to be available weekends, evenings, nights, and holidays as scheduled to provide on call crisis intervention coverage (Schedule may vary based upon needs of clinic).
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety of eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.