RN Inpatient - PRN
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and engaged PRN Registered Nurse to join our dynamic inpatient team!
Schedule: this is a PRN position working 7 AM to 7 PM. Currently in need of weekday availability Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and possible weekends.
Pay rate: $50 per hour. Eligible for shift differential.
Job Preview at a Glance
Your primary responsibility will be working with adult patients needing psychiatric care and supervising the crisis unit. In this role you will be a strong individual contributor with no direct reports, allowing you to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. What makes this position unique, you will also have the ability to influence various team members and work collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber. No two days are the same; each day presents different challenges and opportunities granting you a chance to use your diverse nursing skills.
What you will do:
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and nursing care plan on all consumers admitted
- Works with psychiatric prescriber in monitoring patient medication
- Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment
- Attends monthly Supervisor and All Staff meetings
- Conducts medication education and other wellness groups
- Oversees orientation and training of new clinical staff
- Provides therapeutic interactions and activities to patients
- During crisis, functions as the lead providing direction on using the least restrictive interventions
- Works closely with clinical team and prescriber on consumer treatment and discharge planning
What you need:
- Currently licensed in the State of Arizona as a Registered Nurse
- Prior psychiatric nursing experience
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona and Nursing Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques