Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and engaged Registered Nurse who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities” Are you dedicated, compassionate, and engaged? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Prescott Valley team.
Schedule: This is a Full-Time position working 40 hours per week with flexibility select a Monday through Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) or 4x10's. In addition, you will be working one Saturday a month with the flexibility to work additional Saturdays a month for dosing hours as needed.
Pay Rate: Starting at $35.00 per hour
Job Preview at a Glance
Your primary responsibility will be working with children and adult patients needing psychiatric care in an outpatient setting. In this role you will work with a diverse client base with varying needs. What makes this position unique, you will also have the ability to influence various team members and work collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber. No two days are the same; each day presents different challenges and opportunities granting you a chance to use your diverse nursing skills.
- Knowledge of State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations. Works with Clinical Supervisor to assure the Unit meets standards.
- Ability to work with clients and their families on their stabilization over an extended period of time
- Performs injections, draw blood & sends samples to the lab.
- Performs initial and annual assessments.
- Medication delivery as needed.
- Administer methadone on Saturdays, at least every 4 weeks and as needed according to program needs.
- Ensure that medications are available for service participants as needed
- Accept medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resource.
- Work with prescribers in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders
- Complete charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards
- Participate in Clinical case staffing
- Assist with PCP coordination
- Assist in SBH chart audit process
- Providing therapeutic interactions and activities.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Required to be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona
- One year of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing experience
- Fingerprint clearance issued by AZ Department of Public Safety OR be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Valid AZ driver’s license & motor vehicle clearance.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.