Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Job Preview at a Glance:
Works as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. Performs nursing assessment on consumers at work site. Accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication and medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications. Coordinates medical care with BH Medical Practitioner and PCP. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
Location and Schedule: We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Metro Outpatient Site!
- Contacts provider regarding consumer care as needed.
- Completes a nursing assessment on all consumers admitted.
- Obtains and attaches consumer identification.
- Works closely with Program Coordinator and/or Director on treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of consumers for medical care.
- Manages and monitors care of consumers.
- Consults with psychiatrist/primary care provider, obtains orders from psychiatrist/primary care provider and executes them.
- Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment.
- Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing or integrated clinic setting or a Master’s degree in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Experienced in a community-based integrated practice is preferred.
- Documentation of education, relevant work experience and credentials is required.
- Knowledge of medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated consumers in crisis and their families, to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating consumers, to document consumer treatment, response and stabilization progress in records.
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations, & crisis intervention techniques.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and function as a team member.
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form.
- Basic computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.
Benefits with You in Mind:
- PTO & Holidays: You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus 10 paid holidays!
- Retirement Planning – We offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
- Education Support – SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. We can help reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefit Coverage - We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment.
SB&H Mission & Values: To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, www.sbhservices.org.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE