Registered Nurse Shift Supervisor
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We currently have an opportunity available for Psychiatric Registered Nurse at our Kingman Crisis Recovery Unit! The Crisis Unit provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. The schedule is working 12hrs shifts from 7am-7pm. Great shift differential offered!
Nurses supervise unit operations and oversee specific employees at the BHT and RSS level. Works as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. Takes leadership role in operating unit in psychiatrist’s absence. Supervises clinical staff. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs nursing assessment and medical service plan. Obtains and executes medication orders from psychiatric prescriber. Oversees and maintains medication and medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatric prescriber monitoring medications. Leads clinical staff in working collaboratively with psychiatric provider and consumer. Coordinates medical care with psychiatric prescriber and PCP. Is responsible for the safe and productive operation of the program in service to the consumer according to Agency policy and procedure. Serves as a role model of professional behavior at all times.
- Required to licensed in the State of Arizona plus one - two years experience in the area of psychiatric nursing.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Must complete a pre-employment physical examination and TB test.
- Thorough comprehension of psychiatric practice is preferred. Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations and crisis intervention techniques
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and funstion as a team member
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basis computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE