Registered Nurse - Outpatient
Registered Nurse - Outpatient
AZ-Bullhead City-Bullhead City Outpatient Clinic (O)
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse for our Bullhead City Outpatient Clinic Become part of a multi-disciplinary team who provides integrated medical and behavioral services to our consumers in a innovative and unique patient-centered, outcome-based recovery model of care! The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm.
As an RN with SB&H, you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. This position performs nursing assessment in service participants at work site, accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and coordinates medical care with psychiatrist and PCP along with supervising clinical staff. Some other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contacts provider regarding service participant care as needed.
- Completes a nursing assessment for specific service participants annually or more often as needed.
- Obtains and attaches service participant identification.
- Works closely with program coordinator on treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of service participants for medical care.
- Manages and monitors care of service participants.
- Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State Regulations.
- Takes leadership role in management of service participant treatment.
- Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
Skills/Requirements: (Provide your recruiter with any changes to the qualifications)
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona. Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing or a Master's degree in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Thorough comprehension of psychiatric practice is preferred. Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations and crisis intervention techniques
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and function as a team member
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basis computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.