Registered Nurse - Outpatient Clinic
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Erickson Outpatient Clinic! This is a full time position projected at 40 hours a week without weekends and holidays. This position will be working in the Central Phoenix area near the 51 and Thomas Road.
As an RN with SBH, you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. This position performs nursing assessment in service participants at work site, accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist and primary care professionals in the monitoring of medications and coordinates medical care with psychiatrist and PCP along with supervising clinical staff. Some other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contacts provider regarding service participant care as needed.
- Completes a nursing assessment for specific service participants annually or more often as needed.
- Obtains and attaches service participant identification.
- Works closely with program coordinator on treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of service participants for medical care.
- Manages and monitors care of service participants.
- Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State Regulations.
- Takes leadership role in management of service participant treatment.
- Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing along with a medical background.
- Experienced in a community-based integrated psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Thorough comprehension of psychiatric and medical practice is preferred. Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations and crisis intervention techniques
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and functions as a team member
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basis computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.