Recovery Support Specialist
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
Recovery Support Specialist
AZ-Phoenix - Project Community Integration (PCI 1)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for self-motivated Recovery Support Specialist for our PCI/Link Program!
The Recovery Support Specialist will work at client's home independently with less supervision and needs to reach out to the assigned caseload. The productivity expectation will be 62% - 65% each month. This position will require flexible work hours. The RSS must be able to drive a company vehicle to transport clients and also be willing to drive their own vehicle. This position will assist staff to provide skills training, peer to peer support, case management, group facilitation and co-leadership, and non-clinical interventions for consumers. Provides hope and inspiration to adults with substance-abuse and other issues. Assists consumers with the development of living skills, external support systems, and linkages with community resources. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
- Requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D. College level coursework and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology preferred but not required. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health is acceptable.
- Peer Support certificate is required.
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill, and/or general mental health required.
- Current AZ Driver License, Motor Vehicle Clearance (clean driving record for 39 months), and fingerprint clearance required.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Related experience in behavioral health either as a recipient of services, a family member of someone receiving services or primary caregiver of a service recipient is required.
Job Reference #: 4274