Recovery Support Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking a compassionate, inspiring and supportive Recovery Support Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. Are you compassionate, inspiring and supportive? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years.
Job Preview at a Glance
Jumpstart your career in behavioral health and play a vital role in the lives of our clients as they begin their journey to recovery. This role is unique and will allow you to customize support to meet the needs of individual clients. From assisting with skills training, case management, group facilitation, and non-clinical intervention – you will connect clients with community resources that will set them up for lifelong success. Helping clients at various points in their recovery, there will be days that you will be challenged, and many days that you will celebrate milestones and know that you are making a difference.
Location & Schedule:
This position reports out of Flagstaff Outpatient, it is a Monday-Friday Schedule.
- Provides mentoring/support to individuals/families in services in coordination with clinical services.
- Assist designated clinical personnel in completing specified support activities.
- Provides education and support to family members.
- Plans and organizes activities within the outpatient structure.
- Completes daily paperwork requirements, including assigned clinical record documentation.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the client.
- Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on call” as required.
- Participates in at least weekly clinical overnight in accordance with ADHS requirements.
- Transport members to appointments.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be 21-year age, High School diploma/GED plus six weeks (240hrs) of behavioral health experience.
- Successful completion of a qualified Peer Support Training is required within the 90 days of hire.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Prior experience as a recipient of Behavioral Health services.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill and or general mental health College level coursework and/or Associates degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.