Recovery Support Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is looking for a Recovery Support Specialist to join our Prevention Program! This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Location: South 32nd Street and East Broadway Road in Phoenix.
Salary: $18.58 per hour
About the position
In this position, you will facilitate Peer Support groups for Veterans and/or Youth/Young Adults and aid in the development of specialized trainings and delivery of Peer Support Specialist Training (PSST) Certification. Conduct community outreach and educational presentations focused on Opioid Use Disorder, Over Dose intervention, Opioid Use Disorder treatment options including Medication for Opioid Use Disorder. Help connect members with wrap around services including but not limited to clinical mental health services, housing options, treatment options and workforce development options.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of specialized PSST trainings for Veterans and/or Youth/Young Adult.
- Facilitate training for the PSST Certificate offered by SB&H.
- Assist in the development and delivery of community presentations.
- Coordinate and conduct street outreach.
- Coordinate and schedule peer support groups with local partners and within SB&H.
- Facilitate peer support groups.
- Assist in advocacy efforts on behalf of persons served.
- Assists in accessing community resources and case management activities, including referral, outreach and follow-up contact.
- Assist group participants in services with community integration and wellness planning/maintenance.
- Completes daily paperwork requirements, including assigned clinical record documentation.
- Record and complete necessary grant reporting.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age;
- Requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Preference given to persons with lived experience of recovery.
- College level coursework and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health is acceptable. Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill, and/or general mental health preferred.
- Successful completion of a qualified Peer Support Training is required within 90 days of hire.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16ac3978-aa28-4c52-a934-e8f820b1ac8b