Recovery Support Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Recovery Support Specialist for our Buckeye Outpatient Clinic. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
The Recovery Support Specialist assists SBH to increase community living skills of persons in services and participation in day activities as well as community support in maintaining healthy living / personal recovery and provides transportation for consumers to attend appointments, and other outings that meet program requirements.
- Assists designated clinical personnel in completing specified clinical/support activities
- Assist in advocacy efforts on behalf of persons served
- Facilitates group activities for persons in services per site-specific instructions
- Provides mentoring/support to individuals/families in services in coordination with clinical services.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical staff members and individuals/families in services.
- Provides skills training in individual and group settings, including home-based settings,
- Assists in accessing community resources and case management activities, including referral, outreach and follow-up contact.
- Provides education and support to family members.
- Assist persons in services with community integration and wellness planning/maintenance.
- Plans and organizes activities within the outpatient clinic structure.
- Completes daily paperwork requirements, including assigned clinical record documentation.
- Document clinical progress in approved agency format.
- Assists in crisis intervention efforts as directed by supervisor.
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to prescribers.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirements consist of 21 years of age, HS Diploma/GED plus six weeks (240 hours) of behavioral health experience.
- Completion of a behavioral health related internship acceptable.
- College level coursework and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology preferred.
- Prior experience as a recipient of Behavioral Health services required.
- Successful completion of a qualified Peer Support Training is required within 90 days of hire.
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill, and/or general mental health preferred
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Current AZ Driver License & Motor Vehicle Clearance required.