Recovery Support Specialist
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Job Preview at a Glance
Jump start your career in behavioral health and play a vital role in the lives of our clients as they begin their journey to recovery. This role is unique and will allow you to customize support to meet the needs of individual clients. From assisting with skills training, case management, group facilitation, and non-clinical intervention – you will connect clients with community resources that will set them up for lifelong success. Helping clients at various points in their recovery, there will be days that you will be challenged, and many days that you will celebrate milestones and know that you are making a difference.
Must have flexible availability and be available to work Saturday- Tuesday-12pm-10pm!
- Provides mentoring/support to individuals/families in services in coordination with clinical services.
- Assist designated clinical personnel in completing specified support activities.
- Provides education and support to family members.
- Plans and organizes activities within the outpatient structure.
- Completes daily paperwork requirements, including assigned clinical record documentation.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the client.
- Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on call” as required.
- Participates in at least weekly clinical overnight in accordance with ADHS requirements.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be 21-year age, High School diploma/GED plus six weeks (240hrs) of behavioral health experience.
- Successful completion of a qualified Peer Support Training is required within the 90 days of hire.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill and or general mental health
- College level coursework and/or Associates degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology
- Prior experience as a recipient of Behavioral Health services
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE