Recovery Support Specialist
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
Recovery Support Specialist
AZ-Lake Havasu City-Lake Havasu Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Recovery Support Specialist to join our Lake Havasu Outpatient Clinic. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Work schedule will be 8 AM to 5 PM and then shift to 9 AM to 6 PM, or 10 AM to 7 PM as the clinic grows.
This position will assist staff to provide skills training, peer to peer support, case management, group facilitation and co-leadership, and non-clinical interventions for children and their families. Assists consumers with the development of living skills, external support systems, and linkages with community resources. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. This position works with all populations.
- Requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D. College level coursework and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology preferred but not required.
- Peer Support or RSS training certificate of completion required within 90 days of hire. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health is acceptable.
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill, and/or general mental health required.
- Current AZ Driver License and Motor Vehicle Clearance (clean driving record for 39 months).
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Related experience in behavioral health either as a recipient of services, a family member of someone receiving services or primary caregiver of a service recipient is essential to this position.