Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a Psychiatrist to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic located in North Phoenix! Schedule is based on 8-hour or 10-hour shift Monday through Friday.
Location: W. Peoria Ave and I-17 in Phoenix.
Metro Outpatient Clinic is site approved for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC), Nurse Corps Loan Repayment and AZ State Loan Repayment program!
About the Position
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, this position has primary responsibility for the psychiatric functions in an outpatient setting. Provides general psychiatric services and is responsible for ensuring that the psychiatric services are in compliance with OBHL and as defined in the ADBHS Covered Services Guide.
- Provides psychiatric assessments, medication monitoring & continuity of care facilitation for OP clients. This may include direct supervision as well as review and revision of all applicable procedures and their execution relating to the daily medically related activities.
- Collaborates with OP Program Coordinator in delivering program specific services.
- Oversees all procedures relative to medication samples on site.
- Provides opportunities for clinical case staffing’s to OP site staff as needed.
- Collaborates with the RBHA in conjunction with the 12 Principles of the Arizona Model of Children’s Services and Adult Recovery Model.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned Physician Assistant(s) and general guidance/mentoring and supervision to other prescribers in the region.
- Provides on-call support as needed to respond to crisis situations encountered by clinical personnel in all outlying locations.
- Attends required SBH and RBHA meetings as scheduled.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Requires Arizona License to practice Medicine (M.D. / D.O.) Boarded or Board eligible in Psychiatry.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, planning and utilization of psychotropic medications in accordance with State and Federal regulations and best practices.
- Three years’ experience in the supervision of medical clinicians in the delivery of mental health services to children/adolescents/adults in the Public Behavioral Health system preferred.
- Generous PTO with increased accruals after 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Paid CME Leave and CME Reimbursement
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2c62d1a7-1a57-43d7-bbad-d7465ce3f782