Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - PRN
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for a Psych Nurse Practitioner to join our Community Recovery Services program in Central Phoenix. This is a PRN position.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, this position has primary responsibility for the medical and psychiatric functions in an outpatient or inpatient crisis unit setting. Provides general psychiatric services to include engagement, assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, family meetings, supportive psychotherapy, patient education, and risk assessment and discharge planning. Responsible for ensuring that the psychiatric services are in compliance with licensing and funding requirements as defined by the Covered Services Guide.
- Provides psychiatric initial assessments, medication monitoring, and continuity of care facilitation for site clients.
- Conducts daily morning check-in with applicable care coordinator’s, RN’s, and any other member of the treatment team that Employee is instructed to report to.
- Completes tasks daily such as paperwork, Telemed fill-in, and responds to site outreach while working on-site or from remote workspace.
- Provides Telemed assistance for outpatient and inpatient clinics, conducts admissions and participates in facility staffing needs as required.
- Attends all SBH meetings/trainings, including but not limited to CMO meetings, BHMP meetings, staffing’s for clients, trainings for CME, EHR trainings, etc. during assigned shift or on a non-scheduled work day as needed.
- Completes all paperwork, including but not limited to labs, service plans, admissions, EKGs, H&Ps, psych evaluations, etc. requiring a BHMP signature daily during Employee’s scheduled shift per P&P.
- Complies with and completes all medication prescription consent documentation required, when prescribing a new medication to a patient.
- Provides on-call support as needed to respond and/or assist with crisis situations.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Completion of an accredited NP program with Psychiatric Mental Health Certification through the ANCC is required.
- One of more years’ experience in the delivery of mental health treatment of adults.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona; valid DEA certificate required.