Psych RN Supervisor
Psych RN Supervisor
AZ-Phoenix-Crisis Recovery Unit I
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to be a CRU Supervisor for our Crisis Recovery Unit in Phoenix! This is a part-time position working Saturday and Sunday 7 AM to 7 PM.
The CRU Supervisor supervises unit operations and oversees specific employees at the BHT II and BHPP II level and works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. This position leads clinical staff in working collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber and consumers and also coordinating medical care with the psychiatric prescriber and PCP. Responsibilities also include the safe and productive operation of the program in service to the consumer according to Agency policy and procedure. You will also serve as a role model of professional behavior at all times. Some of the duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Consults Director of Nursing regarding consumers to CRU as needed
- Contacts Regional Behavioral Health authorities regarding consumer care as needed
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and nursing care plan on all consumers admitted
- Works with psychiatrist in monitoring of medication
- Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by psychiatric prescriber
- Attends monthly Supervisor and All Staff meetings
- Conducts med education and other wellness groups
Education and Requirements:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona. Post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing or a Masters degree in Psychiatric Nursing preferred. Experience in behavioral health prior to nursing license may be considered
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant work experience and credentials is required.
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona and Nursing Rules and Regulations and crisis intervention techniques.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and function as a team member.
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basic computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.