Psych RN - Inpatient Day Shift
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and engaged Registered Nurse Supervisor who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, compassionate, and engaged? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team!
Schedule: This is a Full-Time Day Shift position working 36 hours per week. Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and rotating Thursday/Friday/Saturday the next week from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Your primary responsibility will be working with adult patients needing psychiatric care and supervising the crisis unit. In this role you will be a strong individual contributor with no direct reports, allowing you to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. What makes this position unique, you will also have the ability to influence various team members and work collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber. No two days are the same; each day presents different challenges and opportunities granting you a chance to use your diverse nursing skills.
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and nursing care plan on all consumers admitted
- Works with psychiatric prescriber in monitoring patient medication
- Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment
- Attends monthly Supervisor and All Staff meetings
- Conducts medication education and other wellness groups
- Oversees orientation and training of new clinical staff
- Provides therapeutic interactions and activities to patients
- During crisis, functions as the lead providing direction on using the least restrictive interventions
- Works closely with clinical team and prescriber on consumer treatment and discharge planning
- Currently licensed in the State of Arizona as a Registered Nurse
- 1 – 2 years of prior nursing experience
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona and Nursing Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques
- Post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Nursing preferred
- Experience in behavioral health prior to nursing license may be considered