AZ-Phoenix-Broadway School-Based CYDP
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, tuition reimbursement, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Project Assistant to join our CYDP program. This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week.
Working as a Project Assistant, you will implement comprehensive substance abuse prevention efforts to youth and adults in the South Mountain area in group, classroom, and community setting. You will assist in implementing the Drug Free Communities grant and education local communities on the function and importance of prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in South Mountain Works Coalition meetings as a representative of SBH and corresponding Subcommittee related to position goals and objectives.
- Take coalition minutes and edit bylaws and other documents
- Implement activities and action steps in accordance with objectives in the Strategic Plan, Logic Model, and 12-Month Action Plan.
- Prepare and provide substance abuse prevention education and informational materials to youth and adults in the South Mountain community.
- Conduct outreach to engage, recruit and retain coalition membership.
- Maintain coalition’s social media presence.
- Order supplies and create inventory of program materials.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of prevention services.
- Attend community health fairs and events to disseminate information about the coalition and substance abuse prevention.
- Assist with collection of data materials and surveys.
- Attend collaborative team meetings as needed.
- Transport program participants to and from group meetings and other services, as needed.
- Attend out of town/state trainings related to job duties and needs of grant deliverables.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of 21-year age
- High School diploma plus a minimum of one (1) year of job related experience or AA degree in educational, behavioral science, or related field plus a minimum of one year of job related experience
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required.
Job Reference #: 4156