Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Program Director-Plans, organizes, develops and administers the activities of outpatient and residential services. These programs serve members referred from the community, other agencies, and law enforcement by providing health services. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises program planning and evaluation to provide health services.
- Monitors and directs clinical procedures, such as intakes, assessments, record keeping, program hours, training needs, staffing patterns and service delivery.
- Assists with grant applications/proposals to request additional/new funding for programs.
- Conducts and participates in meetings and committees, such as: staff meetings, clinical supervision, and administrative, training, organizational, inter-agency, and organizational representation.
- Develops and submits annual program budgets in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Implements and monitors such budgets in cooperation with the Vice President and financial management.
- Directly supervises program coordinators, clinicians, CSR Supervisor, and lead staff.
- Initiates and coordinates efforts to maintain funding, improve funding and service delivery within the programs, including contract renewal, etc.
- Interacts with clients and staff within the programs on a regular basis and provides direct services on occasion.
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies by providing consultation when requested and having them participate in staff meeting when appropriate.
- Represents SBH in various community agency meetings.
- Implements policy and procedures for program administration.
- Required to carry company cell phone and be scheduled on-call on a rotational basis.
- Supervises intern staff.
- Oversees the functions of the front desk staff and operations.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires Master’s Degree in Psychology, counseling or social work, plus minimum of three years clinical and managerial experience
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Licensed or licensed eligible by the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (BBHE)
- Academic and working knowledge of programs, clinical methods, community mental health, procedures and application of the same to diverse clientele emphasizing individual, marital, and family services
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon needs/requirements of the clinic
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines