AZ-Phoenix-Broadway School-Based CYDP
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Program Director to join our Community & Youth Development Program (CYDP)! The Community Youth Development Program (CYDP) provides evidence-based alcohol and drug prevention, pregnancy prevention and violence prevention programs. The program offers school and community mental health preventive, early intervention and treatment services as well as psychosocial and emotional development services for children, youth and families.
In this position you will perform daily program functions, and administration matters. Reports on matters pertaining to major program changes, hiring, and termination of staff.
- Develops, organizes and directs school and community mental healthcare service.
- Identifies, develops, and implements training needs for program staff.
- Monitors and supervises program staff.
- Consults with teachers, school administrators, psychologists, social workers, and other school personnel regarding prevention, early intervention and treatment of behavioral health needs of children and families receiving services.
- Consults with parents and agencies on matters pertaining to behavioral health needs of child development issues.
- Represents program on Directors Council.
- Develops and implements new early intervention/prevention substance and mental health program for children.
- Assists Vice President of Community Services with interpreting school based program to staff and others in the community.
- Assists in the development, application and review of program evaluation criteria.
- Modifies existing programs based on the outcomes of program evaluation.
- Makes budget and staffing recommendations to Vice President of Community Services.
- Monitors school based program revenue and expenditures to maintain a balanced budget.
- Assists Vice President of Community with the acquisition of alternative funding sources to support the program operations. (i.e. grants, contract agreements, etc.).
- Applies the latest prevention theory to program practice.
- Develops collaborative partnerships with school districts and local community based agencies and organizations.
- Supervises and manages staff, write grants and proposals for program funding.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work)
- Three years direct practice experience in the prevention field.
- Three years supervision and/or management experience
- Licensed or licensed eligible by the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (BBHE).
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety of eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
Job Reference #: 4537