Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator for our InSHAPE program. This is a hybrid position.
Job Preview at a Glance:
InSHAPE® is a comprehensive program to improve the health and longevity of people experiencing mental illness. InSHAPE® activates the principles of the Recovery Philosophy, including a person-centered approach to assist client’s in meeting personal health and wellness goals. Social inclusion and community engagement strategies are integrated into the wellness-focused, participant driven program. The Program Coordinator (PC) oversees administrative and program services related to healthcare for youth, adults, families and/or local communities. The position is responsible for planning, development and implementation of InSHAPE® program and/or prevention services. Provides supervision of Health Mentors and Team Lead.
- Support the Vice President of Community Services in management duties including growth of program(s), management of program budget, and clinical development of services.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises staff, interns and/or volunteers for the program.
- Conducts probationary and annual performance appraisals for staff in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates and maintains an open, collaborative professional working environment with staff.
- Regularly retrieves, reviews and disseminates performance on clinical and administrative data, documentation and outcomes (e.g. EMR, Relias, incident reports, evaluations, surveys, wellness outcomes, etc.).Supports data entry needs for surveys, deliverables, projects, and other occurrences as identified by the VP of Community Services.
- Performs routine and timely chart audits, manages data validation and program monitoring efforts and ensures timely chart closures
- Performs consultation/educational activities throughout the agency.
- Acts as a liaison with community members and/or potential partners.
- Updates organizational charts routinely with staff transitions (e.g. new hires, promotions, transfers, separations, etc.).
- Provides training, instruction and/or facilitation for group activities, celebrations, CFT’s and other clinically necessary efforts.
- Travel throughout the state to support staff, build partnerships and maintain program consistency.
- May be required to carry a cell phone, iPad or other equipment.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
- Bachelors’ Degree in behavioral health or related field (psychology, social work, behavioral health education, public health, health science, kinesiology, exercise physiology) with a minimum of 2 years behavioral health experience.
- Master’s degree preferred in the behavioral health or related field (psychology, social work, behavioral health education, public health) with a minimum of two years behavioral health experience.
- Licensed by the Board of Behavioral Health examiners (LAC, LMSW, LASAC, LAMFT, LPC, LCSW, LMFT) strongly preferred.
- Personal Trainer Certification or willing to work towards certification (certification paid for by SB&H)
- Must have working knowledge of diagnostic clinical skills involving current Diagnostic Statistical Manual for co-occurring disorders.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (for sites serving children).
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment!
- 10 paid holidays
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Our Core Values
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE