Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to join our residential site in Central Phoenix.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance:
As the Program Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the coordination and development of both programing and staff to support the needs our consumers diagnosed with mental illness and possible co-occurring substance abuse issues. This position manages day to day program operations, maintains facility at maximum capacity, and ensures fulfillment of contract requirements. Priority is also placed on creating and contributing to our company-wide recovery based approach to treatment for our consumers. Services include community integration, pre-vocational training and a variety of additional services designed to meet the individual needs of each consumer. Services involve both individual and group delivery methods with an emphasis on computer based documentation of treatment goals for each consumer and ongoing progress notes maintained by staff. The Program Coordinator will hire, train and develop staff, review and evaluate treatment plan content and timeliness of documentation, and intervene in crisis situations as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of both our consumers and staff. This position will also work to develop relationships with community resources and expand opportunities to coordinate services for consumers successfully transitioning from the program.
- Provides, plans, and supervises direct care services for seriously mentally ill adults, with Co-Occurring and Co-morbid Disorders in a residential or community setting.
- Responsible party to supervise staff and coordinate all related clinical and administrative program functions
- Develops written clinical and administrative program protocols for appropriate treatment based on individual needs and Recovery Based practices.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Coordinates with case management, day treatment, vocational, psychiatric, or any other staff also working with the same consumers.
- Provides clinical assessment, diagnosis, psychotherapy, and treatment planning services to consumers both individually and in groups.
- Intervenes in crisis situations as needed and coordinates with the crisis team.
- Attends CCE and consults with supervisors and peers to improve service delivery
- Documents client service provided according to approved clinical standard rules, regulations, and procedures
- Conducts periodic audits of clinical records, services provided, and administrative processes
- Provides staff with regular and ongoing documentation of supervision
- Participates in regular staff meetings and in agency committees when assigned.
- Maintains and purchases program supplies, monitors program budget, calculates and collects program fees.
- Available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends, as the schedule requires.
- Required to carry company cell phone and be scheduled on-call on a rotational basis.
- Minimum requirement consist of 21-year age,
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years’ experience of related healthcare/behavioral health and management.
- One year of supervisory experience along with demonstrated aptitude and ability to be a leader, manage conflicts, and set standards.
- Proficient in basic use of a computer to include; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Master’s degree in the behavioral health or related field (psychology, social work, education) and at least one year direct experience preferred.
- Licensed with the AZ Board of Behavioral Health preferred.
SB&H Mission & Values: To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, www.sbhservices.org.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE