Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to join our Desert Cove, Sahuaro and Butler.
As the Program Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the coordination and development of both programing and staff to support the needs our consumers diagnosed with mental illness and possible co-occurring substance abuse issues. This position manages day to day program operations, maintains facility at maximum capacity, and ensures fulfillment of contract requirements. Priority is also placed on creating and contributing to our company-wide recovery based approach to treatment for our consumers. Services include community integration, pre-vocational training and a variety of additional services designed to meet the individual needs of each consumer. Services involve both individual and group delivery methods with an emphasis on computer based documentation of treatment goals for each consumer and ongoing progress notes maintained by staff. The Program Coordinator will hire, train and develop staff, review and evaluate treatment plan content and timeliness of documentation, and intervene in crisis situations as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of both our consumers and staff. This position will also work to develop relationships with community resources and expand opportunities to coordinate services for consumers successfully transitioning from the program.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health, medical field or related field plus one (1) year of related healthcare/behavioral health experience; or Equivalent combination of education & experience of BA degree plus mixed 5 years of related healthcare/behavioral health and management.
- Licensed with the AZ Board of Behavioral Health preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience, public administration, business management or operational management experience required as related to the job.
- Experience in Clinical Program Development and Program Evaluation preferred.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of modern electronic technologies.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability in leadership and management, program management, problem solving, organizational skills
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
- Knowledge of rehabilitation concepts for psychiatric disorders and therapeutic techniques used with both individuals and groups; Working understanding of chronic mental illness.
- Academic and working knowledge of clinical methods and procedures; ability to provide, monitor and supervise effective clinical interventions
- Ability to flourish is a fast paced and high pressure environment with changing needs
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- License preferred