Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, organized and collaborative Program Coordinator who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, organized and collaborative? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team! The position will be supervising two residential facilities in South Phoenix area.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to manage Behavioral Health Technicians and Senior Team Leads. Using your transferable skills, you will wear multiple hats, as well as serve as the site assigned Behavioral Health Professional. Using your coordination skills, you will use a high level of collaboration to effectively design a holistic treatment setting based on client needs and program goals. No two days are the same, being a change agent, you will be responsible for creating a recovery-based environment, training, and clinical assessments. Joining forces with other Program Coordinators, you will participate in team-based projects.
- Develops and implements a sound clinical program based on current contemporary treatment models, individual and system needs, and outcomes; uses a global programmatic approach and refines clinical programming based on changing needs.
- Provides, plans, supervises, and delivers direct care services for seriously mentally ill adults, with Co-Occurring and Co-morbid Disorders in a residential or community setting; individual, group, or family format.
- Develops written clinical and administrative program protocols for appropriate treatment based on individual needs and Recovery Based practices.
- Responsible for Program Evaluation and proficient measurable outcomes
- Reviews, signs, and completes assessment, diagnosis, and service planning to ensure quality of care and client progression in services as required per program requirements.
- Advocates for client needs creating social justice for persons served, reduces barriers, promotes ideals of the Recovery Movement.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week as to be involved in the treatment and care.
- Acts as a lead liaison between program staff and funding/referral sources.
- Works with internal functions of centralizing processing for referral and transition.
- Perform networking and marketing functions to build program areas and program revenues.
- Works to proactively reduce crisis and high cost service utilization through proactive interventions
- Intervenes in crisis situations as needed and coordinates appropriate care strategies
- Links to community resources for integration purposes, socialization, recreation, education, occupation, and vocational purposes.
- Participates in Peer Review process and consults with supervisors and peers to improve service delivery
- Responsible for clinically sound documentation and upkeep of clinical records in accordance with clinical requirements and data validation standards with a proficiency of 85% or greater in each category.
- Conducts periodic audits of all program processes and requirements as to ensure the program is in compliance at all times.
- Required to ensure staff are producing in accordance with the productivity percentage standards set by supervisors and the company.
- Effectively manages the programs budget, manpower utilization, overtime, and costs in general.
- Available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends, as the schedule requires.
- Required to carry a Smart phone and be available for on-call assignment of 24 Hours.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health, medical field or related field plus one (1) year of related healthcare/behavioral health experience.
- Licensed with the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners required.
- 2 years of supervisory experience, public administration, business management or operational management experience required as related to the job.
- Experience in Clinical Program Development and Program Evaluation preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability in leadership and management, program management, problem solving, organizational skills
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety