PRN LPN/Registered Nurse
PRN LPN/Registered Nurse
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services (SB&H) is a large and fast growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services. We are a leader in development and delivery of services in the areas of housing, residential care, prevention services, outpatient services to children, incarcerated persons and dually diagnosed adults (SMI/SA). We are an innovative leader in behavioral health, our services are client directed-outcome informed, evidence-based and include treatment of co-occurring disorders, the FAST model in prevention services, the Arizona Treatment Initiative for children and families, and the Recovery Model for persons with serious mental illness.We have locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We currently seeking a PRN RN to join our sites in Mohave County! Become part of a multi-disciplinary team who provides integrated medical and behavioral services to our consumers in an innovative and unique patient-centered, outcome-based recovery model of care! Under the direction of the Nursing Director, this position provides nursing services for general mental health and substance abuse clients including methadone-dosing services. This is a PRN as needed position, servicing Bullhead City, Lake Havasu City, and Kingman.
- Documents client activity, including oral swab screening.
- Monitors amount of methadone product and supplies. Assists in ordering of supplies.
- Consults with staff Psychiatrist in the administration of medications.
- Accepts medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resources.
- Works with staff Psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders.
- Provides methadone dosing to client population.
- Completes charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards.
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collect specimens from clients.
- Participates in Clinical case staffing.
- Documents attendance of clients.
- Assists in SBH chart audit process.
- Must be a RN, currently licensed in the States of Arizona. Post-degree experience of two years in the area of behavioral health nursing is preferred.
- Experience in a community based psychiatric practice or methadone program preferred.
- Must have the ability to gain a through working knowledge of methadone maintenance and addictions in adults.
- Ability to take physicians orders and execute is required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed is required.
- Knowledge of community resources specific to the behavioral health population preferred.