Primary Care Physician
Primary Care Physician
AZ-Phoenix-Metro Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Family Medicine is seeking a Primary Care Provider who is ready to transform the way we provide care to both mental and physical health as a part of our fully integrated health clinic!
This full-time position is based primarily out of our North Phoenix clinic with possible support provided to other surrounding Phoenix area clinics. Flexibility with hours and schedule available including possible TeleHealth opportunities.
As a primary care provider you will provide comprehensive health care for the physical and mental health care of our psychiatric and substance abuse clients. Our Integrated Outpatient Clinics provide important primary care services within the convenience of a community mental health center. Health maintenance services include such services as physical exams, well woman exams, and immunizations. Patients may also make episodic visits for acute conditions such as upper respiratory infections and urinary tract infections, and receive ongoing care for chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes. Referral services are be offered for laboratory services, x-rays or other imaging, or specialty care as needed.
- MD or DO degree completed at an accredited residency training program.
- Board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Licensed with the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners and Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, planning and utilization of medications in accordance with State and Federal regulations and best practices
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of an electronic medical record system.
- Experience working in managed care and or community health setting.
- Must be a practitioner in good standing with National Data Bank and CMS and credentialed/privileged with the AHCCCS plans, RHBHA, and local medical facilities as determined by contractual requirements.
- Experience working with clients who have serious and persistent mental disorder and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in the psychiatric treatment of the developmentally disabled.