Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Finance Team!
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for workflows and tasks relating to payroll processing to deliver accurate and on time pay to employees. Maintains current payroll systems to achieve alignment with Finance, HR, Benefits and other related entities to ensure effective accounting support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) to include Salary and department changes, new hires, incentives, terminations, final checks, retro pay and benefits adjustments.
- Review timesheets and reports to detect discrepancies
- Assists with completing, processing, reconciling State and Federal tax forms.
- Updates payroll information at the request of the employees, managers, and HR.
- Prepares manual payroll checks as needed.
- Ensures prompt responses to staff inquires
- Assists with various report preparation and distribution.
- Voids payroll checks and makes necessary adjustments on the tax payments.
- Prepares quarterly payroll reports (941, State Withholding, Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, etc.)
- Transmits ACH File and the Check Register to the bank.
- Transmits electronic tax payments on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assists with completing in accurate detail, the legal documents pertaining to the following, Federal and State Levies, Child Support payments, and Writ of Garnishment.
- Problem solves payroll issues with multi-level staff, HR, and external agencies such as law practices and government offices.
- Assists with analyzing and monitoring all payroll liability general ledger accounts on a quarterly basis. Produces general ledger journals when appropriate.
- Reconciles, monitors and processes all employee deductions.
- Assists in the payroll year-end duties including preparation of W-2’s.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Maintains employee payroll files.
Education & Qualifications:
- High school Diploma/ GED required
- 1 - 3 years of experience in payroll administration or payroll processing. Consideration is given for college accounting studies in lieu of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- UltiPro/UKG experience preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE