Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and over 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 3 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost -medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more.
Looking for an Outreach Navigator to join our Bullhead City-Opiod Replacement Clinic team!!
Job is a specialty position working with vulnerable individuals and families of all ages suffering from Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and its effects on those who are uninsured or under insured. Works with the multiple disciplines and persons that make up the treatment team. Provides all direct care services associated and is fluent in processes and available resources. Position works independently, carries a caseload, and provides an appropriate level of service to the community and individuals in planning treatment-based alternatives to continued use. Requires interface with the persons served, community partners, community resources, families, integrated service providers, SB&H staff, programs, and supervisors on a regular and daily basis. Provides individual client contact and service provision, assessment, service planning, case management, crisis and behavioral health interventions/services, referral, and follow up. Position works as a partner to the system and partner to persons served to ensure success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works in a Navigation Role providing Treatment Based Navigation Services for persons who are Struggling with OUD.
- Works in cooperation as part of a multi-disciplinary team with treatment providers, community partners, families and program staff to help clients achieve with positive outcomes.
- Provides Direct Care; Assessment, Diagnosis, and Case Based Treatment Planning for persons served.
- Provide screenings & eligibility assessments; to include implementation of early identification/qualification processes for eligible participants.
- Enrolls persons in benefits as needed to provide support and pay for services.
- Works to provide and or facilitate the prescribed treatment plan accordingly.
- Develops working rapport as to effectively perform all job functions.
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and Behavioral Health interventions.
- Assesses for and provides Integrated Care based referrals and assistance to obtain healthcare, medications, medically necessary equipment.
- Provides jail visits to meet and prepare persons for OUD services upon release from jail.
- Reviews the expectations/offers for treatment/ gains agreement for treatment with persons.
- Act as an Advocate in court for persons served.
- Responsible for case management and carries an independent case load.
- Plan, coordinate, and assist client with immediate needs/ basic needs for success.
- Assists persons with obtaining recommended levels of treatment.
- Provides Navigation Services with intensive follow up.
- Connects persons served to viable services that lead to recovery from OUD.
- Provides extensive outreach work based on the needs of individuals served to make sure treatment is working.
- Works to connect with Community Partners and seeks new resources.
- Holds Assigned Treatment Providers Accountable for Care and Services to which persons are entitled.
- Documents in the SB&H Electronic Health Record.
- Maintains training and compliance as required.
- Responsible for Contract Compliance as assigned.
- Participates in required meetings and client staffing’s.
- Documents activities for tracking and reporting according to contract.
- Responsible for contractual obligations, fulfillment and outcome measures.
- May be required to work flexible hours as needed to best serve the program and client needs.
- Required to carry a company smart phone.
- Required to drive personal or company vehicle and keep appropriate documentation.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available to maintain compliance.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 22-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.