Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Phoenix - Adult Jail Transition Program
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Outreach Navigator to join our Court Liaison program!
This is a specialty position working with Justice Involved homeless persons who are in the Court Process. Works with the multiple disciplines and persons that make up the justice system and the justice system process. Navigator provides all direct care services associated and is fluent in processes and available resources. Position works independently, carries a caseload, and provides an appropriate level of service to the Justice System and individuals in planning treatment based alternatives to incarceration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works in a Navigation Role providing Court Based Navigation Services for Justice involved persons who are homeless
- Works in cooperation as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the City of Phoenix, Police, Prosecutors, Court System, Judges, and Program Liaisons to make the intent of the contract successful with positive outcomes.
- Provides Direct Care; Assessment, Diagnosis, and Case Based Treatment Planning for persons served
- Provide screenings & eligibility assessments; to include implementation of early identification/qualification processes for eligible participants.
- Enrolls persons in benefits as needed to provide support and pay for services
- Works with the Prosecutors Office/ Judges to develop a case plan for alternatives to incarceration
- Arrives in court prepared as required with a working case plan
- Works to provide and or facilitate the prescribed treatment plan accordingly
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and Behavioral Health interventions.
- Assesses for and provides Integrated Care based referrals and assistance to obtain healthcare, medications, medically necessary equipment.
- Provides jail visits to meet and prepare persons for court.as needed or assigned
- Reviews the expectations/offers for treatment/ gains agreement for treatment with persons
- Act as an Advocate in court for persons served
- Works in Real Time in accordance with the courts schedule
- Responsible for case management and carries an independent case load.
- Secures Temporary Housing and assists persons with avenues to obtain permanent housing.
- Provides extensive outreach work based on the needs justice systems and individuals served to make sure treatment is working.
- Documents in the SB&H Electronic Health Record and Documents in HMIS
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 22-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- An Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Peer Certified Preferred
- Must pass the Maricopa County entry to the court and jails
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
Job Reference #: 4895