Opioid Outreach Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking a collaborative, independent and passionate Opioid Outreach Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. "We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.”Are you collaborative, independent and passionate? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program, and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to work directly with the adult population at our various sites. Using resources available to you, you will assist our valued clients to complete a successful transition back into the community. In helping our clients gain independence, no two days are the same. From teaching life skills, to managing your case load, and using crisis interventions you will provide peer support services and be the main point of contact.
- Provides extensive community outreach work based on the needs of the team and individuals served in multiple locations.
- Works well independently in the community managing time and appointments as required by the program and service needs. Meets and balances multiple demands.
- Acts as a Navigator and Case Manager, brokering, planning, and referring persons into Medication Assisted Treatment and other community services using an integrated approach.
- Is familiar with various funding mechanisms as to enroll the client in services and benefits in accordance with needs.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, intake and enrollment paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participates in and writes Integrated Treatment planning and interventions.
- May work to give input into pre-release planning in the jail or court system.
- Provide jail visits to work with persons served providing relevant treatment options.
- Works with Maricopa County Corrections inside the jail, County and City Court Systems, and other Community Public and Provider Services.
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and Behavioral Health interventions.
- Must be 21 years old
- A High School Diploma or GED plus some college course work in Behavioral Health or related field work equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ experience.
- Must quality to drive company vehicles with valid AZ driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and qualify for a Jail access badge.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Peer Certified
- Knowledge of Opioid Addiction
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE