AZ-Phoenix-Crisis Recovery Unit I
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Nurse Manager for our Inpatient Crisis and Opioid Services in Phoenix! Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Arizona with five years' post-degree experience in the area of psychiatric nursing.
In this position you will plan, organize, develop and administer the activities of crisis intervention and recovery services, the activities of nursing care, medical support services and medical/behavioral health care coordination. Duties include working closely with prescribers, supervising nursing personnel, coordinating services with medical practitioners and allied health care professionals both internal and external to SBH Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the nursing services at CRU1, CRU2, RTP, and CTP working as a member of a clinical multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides administrative and clinical supervision to the nursing staff.
- Participates in recruitment, hiring and training of nursing, BHT, BHPP, and RSS staff.
- Monitors nursing protocols, procedures, training, and reporting.
- Monitors laboratory services, medication use, ordering, storing, and disposing of medical supplies.
- Assists the VP of Crisis and Recovery Services and Chief Medical Officer in establishing and implementing procedures for nursing services, laboratory services, medication use, handling medical supplies.
- Completes quarterly audits and works with risk management to assure all nursing/medical care standards and documentation are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and continuing education requirements.
- Consults with Chief Medical Officer and other prescribers in the standards and protocols for the administration of medications.
- Assists medical personnel in the proper documentation, management and reporting of medication/medical issues.
- Oversees and maintains medication and medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations.
- Assists with licensing applications, licensing surveys, and provides responses to licensing deficiency reports for the various programs.
- Interacts with clients and staff within the programs on a regular basis and provides direct services as needed.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum requirement consists of 21-year age
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of five years in the area of psychiatric nursing.
- Prior supervisory experience with one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience in crisis intervention and work within SMI population highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate specialized experience in clinical and administrative supervision.
Job Reference #: 4619