Mohave County Volunteer - Extern
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services encourages volunteer involvement and the development of community resources to enhance the mental health care programs and to build closer ties with the community.
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, Sr. Team Lead, or appointed designee, Externs will demonstrate and assist with the screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill, GMH, and substance abuse consumers in a residential, community based, in-patient setting. Part-Time and Full-Time opportunities are available.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performs direct service at residential or outpatient sites for consumers of SBH including screenings, life skills training, and behavior management.
- Assists in developing treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist, therapists, and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Assists in providing assessments and crisis intervention.
- Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities.
- Assist consumers with community integration and coordination of services.
- Will co-facilitate groups or other group activities.
- Assists with transport of clients if appropriate and authorized to do so.
Our program locations span across Northern AZ rural communities. Please indicate on your application the below location(s) near you.
In Northern Arizona choose from: Payson, Flagstaff, Prescott Valley, Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu.
- Must be enrolled in, or graduated from an Associate or Bachelor program in Human Services and available to attend required trainings and consistent work schedule that meets SBH program needs.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Reliable and able to commit to a consistent work schedule.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work within an electronic medical records system.
- Desired career path in field of direct services for behavioral and health services, or administrative leadership over a program.
- Motor Vehicle Authorization per site transportation needs.
- Food Handlers Card as required per program to handle meal preparation needs.
- Fingerprint clearance and TB Test/Physical clearance as required per program.