Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a seeking a Medical Director to oversee our Southwest Family Medicine program. This is a full-time position and flexibility with schedule is offered.
What You Will Accomplish:
Your knowledge, fundamental forward thinking, and concern for the welfare of patients and staff will be be just some of the qualities you will bring. Multiple hats may need to be worn while developing strategies that will lead them through processes that will ensure things not only improve but run effectively and smoothly assuring a better outcome for the future.
About The Position:
In this position you will assume clinical decision-making responsibilities in the assessment and management of the physical health disorders of clients referred. You will directly oversee primary care physicians, mid-level practitioners and medical students; and in collaboration with the Director of Nursing, oversee medical support staff (Medical Assistants and/or RNs) working with the primary care clinics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a consultant for agency BHMP’s on primary care related topics, being available for calls and emails regarding a difficult case, asking for advice.
- Provide comprehensive health care to clients/patients to include acute care visits, chronic care management, and preventative care visits.
- Perform diagnostic tests and screening evaluations.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Documents all work in the electronic health record the day of service.
- Participates in the development of the integrative strategic plan, identifying requirements for new programs, equipment, facilities, and/or replacement of major items.
- Collaborates with educational institutions and ensures contract requirements are adhered to for any students, residents, or interns, as assigned.
- Develop, update, oversee, and support training for new primary care providers in collaboration with administrative and operational departments.
- Minimum requirement consists of 21-year age,
- MD or DO degree completed at an accredited residency training program.
- Board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, and licensed with the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners and Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Possession of a current medical license in the State of Arizona.
- Valid DEA license required.
- 5 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- CME leave and reimbursement
SB&H is a learning culture reflecting its values of Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust. With sincerity, positivity and growth we stand by our mission, "Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities." Join us and support your community in ways you never thought possible. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.