Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a seeking a Medical Director to join our inpatient programs in Phoenix and Kingman. This is a full-time position and flexibility with schedule/working remotely in AZ is offered.
What You Will Accomplish
In this position you will have the opportunity to support programs across valley. Your ability to help improve communication with respect for patients, colleagues, and employees will support growth and efficiency. Your skills and awareness of the industry will also support the needs of the members in a large way.
About the Position
The Medical Director will primarily work at Kingman Recovery Unit providing Court Ordered Evaluation services via telehealth and also provide leadership, supervision and general oversight for all medical services throughout all SB&H inpatient facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Court Ordered Evaluation (COE) process in Mohave County.
- Perform Court Ordered Evaluations (COE) on members at the Kingman Recovery Unit, and occasionally the jail. COE duties include:
- Complete in-person or telemed evaluation and written affidavit and email a scanned copy to KRU within 72 court-hours of member being admitted at KRU as needed.
- Testify at the COT hearing
- Act as the treating physician to members at SB&H inpatient sites, as needed.
- Provide supervision and be available for staffing with BHMP’s functioning as the treating provider during the COE process.
- Completion of required reports needed for Court Ordered Treatment (COT) renewals as needed.
- Other COT related duties as needed, including signing Letters of Intent to Treat, reading Judicial Reviews that are done by the treating BHMP, completing required reports for annual COT assessments or renewals, completing reports for 60-day COT evaluations
- Complete Preadmission Screening and Resident Reviews (PASRR), as needed.
- Inpatient treatment via telemed and in person, with primary site being KRU. This includes serving a mixed population of members from across the spectrum of diagnoses and degrees of disability. Includes Seriously Mentally Ill (SMI), General Mental Health (AHCCCS/Medicaid), but also referrals from Department of Developmental Disabilities, ALTCS, Medicare, and some private insurances.
- Act as supervising physician for physician assistants in SB&H inpatient sites.
- Provide consultation and/or treatment recommendations for members in out of home placements (i.e. behavioral health residential facilities) or voluntary hospitalizations, members designated SMI, and hospitalizations for children, as needed.
- Provide authorization/denial on higher level of care placements (BHRFs, BHIFs, Hospital Admits, Internal Sub-Acute Direct Admits).
- Approve transfers between SB&H inpatient facilities (KRU/CRU/RTP).
- Minimum requirement consists of 21-year age,
- Requires Arizona License to practice Medicine (M.D. / D.O.) Boarded or Board eligible in Psychiatry.
- Three years’ experience in the supervision of medical clinicians in the delivery of mental health services to children/adolescents/adults in the Public Behavioral Health system preferred.
- 5 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- CME leave and reimbursement
SB&H is a learning culture reflecting its values of Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust. With sincerity, positivity and growth we stand by our mission, "Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities." Join us and support your community in ways you never thought possible. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.