Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is one of Arizona’s oldest and largest non-profit, community-based providers of behavioral health services. We offer an array of programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. SB&H is a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a full-time Medical Assistant to join our Mesa OP Clinic. This location provides mental health treatments, including medication monitoring and assistance for persons with addictions.
The Medical Assistant will work in-office Monday-Friday, standard business hours (no evenings, weekends or holidays).
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Medical Assistant will report to Front Office Supervisor. Position will be responsible for medical and administrative support. In addition, the position will provide care and coordination to clients.
- Takes vital signs and communicates results to prescribers.
- Administers injections, venipuncture and EKGs.
- Makes requested client contact calls for medication related follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues, prior authorizations and requests from prescribers.
- Completes Targeted Investment Screening and PCP coordination for all enrolled clients.
- Assists with scheduling prescriber appointments and coordination for clients who are transitioning from inpatient care.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- 21-years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required.
- One to Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation- Hourly rate for MA's with diploma is $16, MA's with certification is $16.50.
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion by receiving your MA diploma and certification- once received compensation will increase.
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays.
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account.
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs.
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more.
SB&H Mission & Values:
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE